Digital Learning Resources
How to set up Family Link.
Setting up a Workspace at Home:
Gather Supplies (Pens, pencils, tablets, books, etc.)
Establish a comfortable workspace
Provide adequate lighting
Ensure electrical outlet nearby
Learning Opportunities for Parents:
Supporting Students with Social Emotional Learning/Executive Functioning When Using Technology (intended audience is both teachers and parents)
In collaboration with your student, ask them to login to G Suite with you daily at the beginning and end of the day. The account username is your student’s [email protected] and your student will have their password.
- Go to your student’s Google Drive http://drive.google.com
- On the left-hand side, you‘ll see Recent.
- Recent will allow you to see all Recent documents your child has been working on.
- Check the documents listed on a daily basis.
FCPS Gmail / FCPS Google email
Go to your student’s Gmail http://gmail.google.com to view email messages your child has sent or received.
Go to: http://classroom.google.com. Each box on this screen represents a class your child is enrolled in.
Click a box to open a Google Classroom. Once a classroom is opened, at the top of the screen click Stream and Classwork to view both areas. Stream is for announcements and class discussion/Q&A. Classwork will list class assignments.
Google Classroom Calendar
- Your child’s Google Classroom Calendar will list assignments from all of your child’s Google Classroom classes in one convenient location. This is an easy place to see what has been assigned and when it is due.
- To find the calendar, click the three lines in the upper right corner of the Classroom.
- Then select Calendar from the menu.
The Healthy Minds newsletter has a series of issues entitled Keeping Your Children Occupied While Schools are Closed. Each newsletter is full of fun ideas for your children, such as how to build a fantastic blanket fort.
Healthy Minds is for parents, educators, and community-based providers who are interested in supporting student mental health and wellness. It represents a collaboration between FCPS’ Office of Intervention and Prevention Services and the Fairfax County Government. SUBSCRIBE to Healthy Minds and receive a monthly digest of our most recent articles.